YoppWorks is looking for 2 Developers (Junior, Intermediate or Senior) who have experience with Scala or any other functional programming languages (e.g. Haskell, Erlang, Elixir, Kotlin, etc). You are a highly skilled craftsperson with a proven record of accomplishment for producing high-quality work. You enjoy breaking down tough problems and working with a high-performing team to deliver valuable solutions to our clients. This position plays an instrumental role in building out scalable and robust systems within the Lightbend Reactive stack.
Location can be anywhere in Canada, but strong preference for candidates in Montreal, Ottawa, or Toronto.
The successful candidates will have:
- BSc Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline or comparable experience/education preferred
- 2+ years of production experience with any functional programming language (preference for Scala)
- 2+ years of production experience with front-end technologies (preference for React Native)
- Solid understanding of Java in the Enterprise, or working knowledge of Java fundamentals including programming languages, best practices, development, and operations awareness
- Ability to work closely with architects, engineers, as well as product and business owners to evolve architectures and design technical solutions
- Release high-quality code early and often using lean and agile technical practices and processes
- Work with a lean-agile team(s) to develop scalable and robust Scala-based systems and web applications
- Experience with distributed systems and solving availability, scalability and consistency problems in them
- Skillful at interacting and working with people in a leadership role; working with a self-organized lean and agile team to mitigate key project technical risks, managing effort, and ensuring quality
- Dedicated to producing quality code and dedicated to best practices such as automated testing, code reviews, pair programming, test driven development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
Professional Skill Requirements
- Strong interest in functional programming (specifically Scala).
- Personable and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work as a remote team member within a creative, analytical, and problem-solving environment.
- Flexible with the ability to travel (once life gets back to normal)
You will be joining the YoppWorks product team helping to commercialize GoSpaces, our exciting new mobile application. GoSpaces encourages productive employee behaviors using gamification and translates employee decisions into financial, environmental, and wellness benefits. GoSpaces helps employees manage everyday tasks – book meetings, find a workstation, submit a service ticket, and engage with their colleagues. GoSpaces will increase collaboration, productivity and make workdays easier.