YoppWorks is LEVELING UP!! Despite the current economic challenges YoppWorks is experiencing very strong growth and is looking for a Senior Technical Recruiter who is passionate about hiring the right person for the right job!!
Who are we?
YoppWorks is a proponent of Open Source technology and works with the existing Open Source community along with promoting its benefits to Enterprises. We focus on helping our clients modernize their application environment via our established consulting practice and training seminars.
For more information, check us out at yoppworks.com
Who are we looking for?
If you are up for the challenge you will be recruiting primarily for very niche technical roles with a limited talent pool. This role is to lead the current recruiting team and will be responsible for sourcing, screening and providing a shortlist of qualified candidates for various technical roles. You will also be responsible for promoting the YoppWorks brand to ensure we attract the best professionals. You will build a strong technical talent pipeline and help hire and retain skilled employees.
The position is located in Ottawa, ON.
- Identify/screen/qualify candidates for open positions.
- Source, screen, interview and evaluate candidates
- Foster long-term relationships with candidates
- Review and understand technical job requirements
- Review applicants to verify if position requirements are met
- Format resumes if required for presentation to clients
- Research new technologies
- Create detailed job descriptions
- Follow up with candidates
- Participate in tech conferences and meetups to network with IT professionals
- Compose job offer letters
- Onboard new hires
- Promote YoppWorks’ reputation as a great place to work
- Keep up to date with new technological trends and products
- Build a strong technical pipeline
- Solid understanding of HR practices and labor legislation
- Proven work experience as a senior Technical Recruiter finding the top talent
- Solid knowledge of sourcing techniques: social media recruiting, etc.
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Ability to learn technical information
- Self-confidence and self-starter
- Proficiency with office automation tools for proofreading, editing and formatting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Support strategic initiatives to build organizational capability by attracting, developing and retaining top talent, and create programs for talent retention
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced/changing environment
- Strong analytical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Ability to make recommendations by using sound, independent judgment
- Effective time management and project management skills
- Perform administrative HR duties, including but not limited to, developing and maintaining job descriptions, processing paperwork and data entry related to YoppWorks’ programs and processes
- Experience working for a fast growth company
- +2 years Human Resource Generalist experience
- Bilingual in English & French
YoppWorks is an innovative company based in Ottawa, with offices also in Toronto and Montreal. We are looking for people who are as passionate about programming as they are about creating great software products. We believe in taking on interesting projects with amazing clients. We strongly believe that all good projects start with open-source technology. We are partners with Lightbend, RedHat, and Google.