YoppWorks is looking for an Intermediate Scala Developer who ideally has Akka and/or Spark experience and is located in Canada to join our consulting team of experts. You are a highly skilled craftsperson with a proven record of accomplishment for producing high-quality work. You enjoy breaking down tough problems and working with a high-performing team to deliver valuable solutions to our clients. This position plays an instrumental role in building out scalable and robust systems within the Lightbend Reactive stack.
Location can be anywhere in Canada, but there is a strong preference for candidates in Montreal, Ottawa, or Toronto.
The successful candidates will have:
- 1-2 years of production experience with Scala
- 1-2 years of experience with Akka and/or Spark
- Solid understanding of Java in the Enterprise, or working knowledge of Java fundamentals including programming languages, best practices, development, and operations awareness
- BSc Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline or comparable experience/education preferred
- Ability to work closely with architects, engineers, as well as product and business owners to evolve architectures and design technical solutions using the Lightbend stack
- Release high-quality code early and often using lean and agile technical practices and processes
- Work with a lean-agile team(s) to develop scalable and robust Scala-based systems and web applications
- Take technical leadership of software development on a small team
- Experience with distributed systems and solving availability, scalability and consistency problems in them
- Skillful at interacting and working with people in a leadership role; working with a self-organized lean and agile team to mitigate key project technical risks, managing effort, and ensuring quality
- Dedicated to producing quality code and dedicated to best practices such as automated testing, code reviews, pair programming, test driven development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- Passionate about enabling others to adopt new technologies
- Other duties as assigned
Professional Skill Requirements
- Strong interest in functional programming (specifically Scala).
- Personable and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work as a team member in a creative, analytical, problem-solving environment.
- Flexible with the ability to travel as required.
If this sounds like your next opportunity, please apply directly. In the meantime, feel free to check us out at www.yoppworks.com