Looking for meaningful work where you can have an impact? YoppWorks is the place for you.
As a global market leader, YoppWorks exclusively offers consulting services to help guide your enterprise to success. Using open source technology, we provide mentorship to your technical teams, drive the implementation of product delivery, and offer staff augmentation engagements. Our focus is in helping organizations develop systems of innovation based on Reactive Principles.
Location can be anywhere in Canada or international candidates willing to re-locate to Canada!
When you Work at YoppWorks
- You’ll have the once-in-a-career opportunity to be a part of a movement— YoppWorks is committed to the Open-Source Community and we strongly believe all good projects start with open-source technology. As a dedicated partner of Lightbend and Google, it is the YoppWorks mission to ensure every project engagement is a success. Our Partners have some great commercial products available to support each phase of the project lifecycle.
- You’ll make more than just a paycheque. You’ll have the opportunity to combine your passion with purpose every day while achieving tangible results.
- You’ll join a high-performing, purpose-driven team that will help you advance your skills and adopt the growth mindset that’s essential to success at our company (and in everyday life). Our inclusive environment will allow you to come to work each day and be your best, most authentic self.
The successful candidates will have:
- 2-3 years of production experience with Scala
- 2-3 years of experience with Akka and/or Spark
- Solid understanding of Java in the Enterprise, or working knowledge of Java fundamentals including programming languages, best practices, development, and operations awareness
- BSc Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline or comparable experience/education preferred
- Ability to work closely with architects, engineers, as well as product and business owners to evolve architectures and design technical solutions using the Lightbend stack
- Release high-quality code early and often using lean and agile technical practices and processes
- Work with a lean-agile team(s) to develop scalable and robust Scala-based systems and web applications
- Experience with distributed systems and solving availability, scalability and consistency problems in them
- Skillful at interacting and working with people in a leadership role; working with a self-organized lean and agile team to mitigate key project technical risks, managing effort, and ensuring quality
- Dedicated to producing quality code and dedicated to best practices such as automated testing, code reviews, pair programming, test driven development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
Professional Skill Requirements
- Strong interest in functional programming (specifically Scala).
- Personable and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work as a team member in a creative, analytical, problem-solving environment.
- Flexible with the ability to travel as required (once Covid-19 restrictions are removed)
What you can expect
- An environment where constant learning is the norm.
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment for a dynamic company with a history of proven success.
- Join a team of innovative thinkers as part of a rapidly growing company that is all about helping businesses create innovative corporate and workplace giving programs.
- Connect with a passionate group in an open, collaborative, and fun environment.
Our Commitment to a Diverse Culture
- We believe in the power of diversity and we’re dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment at YoppWorks. We ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and encourage people of all visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
- Gender diversity and equality benefits everyone. We’re committed to supporting all gender identities and expressions in tech by sharing stories and advocating for equality.